Our Student Ministry exists to ignite young adults, soul and body, to become obsessed with the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
That conviction and commitment comes from the lips of Christ in Mark 12:30 where he tells us that the greatest command is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Everything we do in our student ministry is aimed at encouraging and exhorting one another to grow in our obedience to this great command because our God whom we are commanded to love is worthy of such adoration.
Our Core Values:
- Parent-Engaging: We believe that parents are the ones clearly commanded by Scripture to be the primary influence in the spiritual lives of young adults (Ephesians 6:4). Therefore, one of our main goals is to equip and serve along side the parents of the Limerick Chapel teens to effectively disciple and train their children. Because this is true parents are always welcome and encouraged to come and participate in any of our youth ministry events.
- God-Centered: Know God. Love God. Serve God. This is what our ministry centers on. We want to know our God and grow in our love for Him so that our lives reflect the glory of God with radical Christian living. We are not running a baby-sitting service for teens nor are we simply trying to get our kids to behave better. We exist to showcase and savor the glory of God in all things!
- Jesus-Exalting: If the command to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength sounds impossible to you – that is because it is. That is why we need Jesus. Only Jesus obeyed that command completely all his life and stands before God the Father complete in his own righteousness. And only because of Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross for all who trust in him can anyone be accepted by God. This is why in all our praying, teaching, singing, and talking Christ is exalted and extolled.
- Word-Driven: But how are we to know God and exalt in Jesus? Some youth groups are going to stress activities and fun (and we will have that stuff along the way) but what drives us is God’s Word – the Bible. That is where we learn about God. It is there that we are given bold and captivating pictures of God and his actions that evoke love and radical Christian service. It is in God’s word that we learn of how God created us, lost us, and pursued us with an astonishing love (not because we are lovely but because he is loving). It is in God’s word that he reveals how he redeemed us at great cost to himself. And it is in God’s word that he tells us how the story will end in his global glory and our good.
Our Core Practices:
- Sunday Night Student Ministry: On most Sunday Nights we meet together as a youth group to play some games in the church gym and then to hear direct and personal teaching from God’s Word. It is a night of learning, growing and enjoying one another. It is the key time for our youth group.
- Mi Casa, Su Casa: Every now and then all of the students and sponsors will head on over to Pastor Harris’ house to enjoy and encourage one another in Christ.
- Mercy Ministry: Because we desire to see our students mature as followers of King Jesus we place an emphasis on serving others in the name of Christ. This may mean doing some work at the church, in the homes of some of our church families, or in the neighborhoods and parks of our community. Jesus has served us and we want to serve others as we follow Him.
- Semi-Monthly Activities: We enjoy spending time together and so have regular times when we get together and just have a good time. We will also enjoy some time digging into God’s Word because any fellowship we have is a result of what we read and learn from there.
For more information on the Limerick Chapel Student Ministry please contact Pastor Harris through the church office or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.