Do you ever feel like the Lone Ranger trudging through life on your own? Hebrews 10:24-25 says “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” This passage commands us to be involved in intentional one-anothering. That is, we are to intentionally look for ways we can encourage each other to love God and serve others – and the urgency of this only grows as the day of Christ draws nearer and nearer.
At the time of this writing, communities tended to be tighter and more close-knit. This is obviously not the case any longer. With an increasingly technological and mobilized society our interactions with each other tend to occur less often and be less meaningful. This means we need to be even more intentional about one-anothering. Of course we have that handshake time in the middle of the church service and the mad dash at the end to catch the game or get lunch but the reality is those things just aren’t sufficient to be a true community.
This is why we recognize the need to do intentional one-anothering on a small scale. You can call this a small group, growth group, mini-collective, or community group – we really don’t care. Our goal is pretty simple: to encourage each other unto love for God and good works. Our desire is to see our church grow more and more into a community that displays and declares the radical grace of Jesus our Savior that has changed us and we see these small groups as an important part of that goal.
Listed below are a few groups we offer. While some are for ladies and others for men, there are also other groups where both can come together.
- Adult Bible Core Seminars on Sundays @ 9:30: This is our “Sunday School” hour and takes place at the church building. Adult Bible Core Seminars are our primary “small group.” If you need childcare but still want to rub shoulders with other men and women, this is a great place to start! Visit our Adult Bible Study page to see what we are studying.
- Small Group Bible Study at the Egolf’s Home on the 1st and 3rd Thursday’s at 7:00 PM
- The Ladies’ Bible study meets on Thursdays at 9:30 AM in the Library.
- Childcare is available for children ages 0-4 years.
- There are other times throughout the year that our ladies meet together for fellowship and Bible study.
Men’s Small Group
There are a variety of Men’s Bible Studies meeting on different days throughout the week at Limerick Chapel and in homes in the area. Feel free to join us for these studies or contact us for more information.
Every Friday at 7:00 AM – Men’s Breakfast Bible Study at the Pottstown Diner.
- The second Saturday of each month the men get together at the Pottstown Diner at 8am for fellowship and a challenge.
- Leadership in Training (LIT): Just as Iron sharpens iron, we want to sharpen one another as men and spur each other onward to being the kind of leaders that God can use to continue to build a healthy church. If you are interested in joining us, contact pastor Harris or the church office for the next meeting.